The holidays call for lots of over eating and indulging. There is no need to feel guilty about eating and enjoying this time with family and friends.
Here are some simple tips to keep in mind this season:
- Drinks lots of Water – It fills you up and keeps you hydrated, especially after all those holiday cocktails.
- End your day with a cup of green tea – This helps curb cravings at night. Instead of reaching for that leftover pie, make yourself a hot cup of tea with lemon.
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night – Between holiday parties, visiting family, shopping, etc. it’s obvious we all get a little run down this time of year. Make it a point to get your 8 hours. It will help with managing stress and you will keep a clear head during this crazy time.
- Walk as much as possible – Park your car in the furthest spot in the mall parking lot and get that extra walk in. Take the stairs. Go for a walk after your Christmas dinner to digest instead of sitting on the couch. It’s the little things that add up!
- Yoga and meditation – Incorporate a yoga class into your workout routine. You will feel revitalized. It’s important to connect with your mind and body and remember what is truly important this holiday season.